Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In the seventh grade Sister Viviana resentfully called me a "simpleton" in front of the whole class because my boisterous laughter had disrupted her lesson. When she asked me what was so funny I claimed that there was no reason for my noticeably amused reaction, so she implied that I must be dimwitted.

She taught me the meaning of the word that day and for some reason I've never forgotten it. Whenever I think of that term, I think of that experience.

Someone may think me a simpleton now as I sit on my balcony, staring at the sky, with seemingly no reason for the huge grin that is plastered across my face.

I'm just so incredibly content with everything right now - you could call me whatever you want and I wouldn't care.

2 comments:

lola said...

Oh my dear poopy.. thats the problem with Catholic Schools... you get taught by uptight women who have never been laid... YIKES. but you are not dimwitted.. and never will be... enjoying the simple things in life is one of the many reasons that I love you as much as i do.
Love,
Your Poopy

Stepiphany said...

Hahaha, aww poopy!!

Well OBV I was laughing at something, probably something she said and I just didn't want to tell her, so instead I said, "nothing." But thanks for confirming that I'm not dimwitted afterall. What are friends for? :/

jk.. :)