Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

I don't think words exist that will sufficiently express my disappointment over the fact that The White Stripes cancelled their tour for the rest of the year, which includes next week's September 19 concert that I've been looking forward to (read: thinking about multiple times a day) for months now. Not only that, but it is my birthday week and those tickets were Josh's birthday present for me (now he's probably scrambling to think of something else to give me). And I've never been to a concert of theirs before. And they're just about all I've really consistently listened to for the past two years - in fact, my car CD player has been on White Stripes disc rotation for several months now, with the occasional day long break for another CD, which I immediately get tired of and then hurriedly scurry back to the heroine that is The White Stripes music. With every song I love (almost all of them) I've been thinking to myself, "OH! I hope they play that when I see them... OH! No, wait! I want them to play that one more!" Etc.

Many, many tears.

HOWEVER!!!

(section added Thursday)
TONIGHT, Josh and I are going to a live taping of E! Network's "The Soup" - a show which I absolutely adore, so I'm truly, very excited about that!! Apparently the show doesn't have a real live audience. If you watch, you'll notice that the background laughter and feedback sounds as if it is coming from a group of about ten people. Well... it is. The "audience" consists of the show's producers, crew, and such. It just so happens that E! Entertainment is one of Josh's clients and he's tight with their HR guy, so voile! We got hooked up with the intimate experience that is being part of "The Soup" audience. Do you think Joel McHale will make eye contact with me? A girl can only dream...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And indeed Joel did. and all was right with the world. Don't worry baby, we'll get'em next time.

Stepiphany said...

:)
:)
:)