Monday, September 10, 2007

Vegas, Baby!

Through an unexpected turn of events, I found myself in Las Vegas this past weekend. On Friday night, while sitting on our couches watching TV and trying to gain motivation to go spend too much money at some bar we kind of like, Emily casually asked, "hey, you want to go to Vegas this weekend?"

"Wellllll. I'm not really in the financial position to go to Vegas."

"We'll have a free hotel room..."

"Count me in!"

So, in the spirit of sin, we determined what time we'd leave, what risque outfits we would pack (which, aside from showing a little extra leg sass, weren't very risque at all), and just how late we'd be able to stay out that night in order to wake up early enough to hit the road (though of course we did not abide by our own guidelines and didn't actually leave LA until 2pm).

Naturally, Vegas was an exciting weekend getaway. All in all - and not counting what I spent on drinks - I only lost $10 from gambling, though I got two free drinks while playing, so I'd say I hedged my bets well. Emily wasn't so keen on losing $70 at the Roulette table - which by the way, I had never played before and is my new favorite Vegas game. Heda, lucky girl, was the big winner of this trip, being that she had a 50 Cent sighting in the hallways of The Hard Rock and she won $130 at the Roulette table! I was really hoping I'd be so lucky and my trip would end up paying for itself, but alas...

Probably to be considered one of Saturday night's highlights (and I hope this doesn't make our night sound really lame, but I'm sure it will... even though it wasn't) was a poor sap who was too drunk to realize what a - pardon my french - duechebag he sounded like in trying to pick up on each and every girl in our group. He introduced himself to us all, individually, like this: "I'm so-and-so, I own Sharkey's restaurant, I'm sure you know of Sharkey's, I have a ticket to the VMAs tomorrow night, Are you going to come with me?" says the 25 year old, all in one sentence, I kid you not. We didn't feel so bad laughing at the situation, given that he was such a - as I mentioned before - duechebag. After his introduction and the expected eye rolling that ensued on my part, he said he's from LA too, he went to USC. I noted that my parents both went to USC - poor move. From that moment on, for the rest of the night morning he proceeded to shout "FIGHT ON!!" with his fingers in the air every time I wasn't paying attention to him... which was constantly.

But honestly, we had a fun weekend excursion. The car ride home was a bit rough for me and Emily, for a reason that I just feel horrible relaying/writing about, so I won't. It was traumatic and like nothing I've ever had to experience before... I hope that I never do again.

Yikes, this post got awfully dark for Vegas. I'm in a dark mood right now, so you know, that happens. Anyway... adios.

5 comments:

kels said...

It sounds exactly like what a Vegas trip should be...cheap, laughable and hungover. I have never been but hope to one day get to see sin city... preferably for a brief period of time.

PS I like the poems...I used to write them when I was much younger until some idiot make me a feel like a geek about it...

Stepiphany said...

I've spent many years attempting to get over idiots who make me feel like a geek about my poetry!!

You've definitely got to make it down to Las Vegas one of these days, if nothing else than for the experience!

Stepiphany said...

And thank you :)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know, that for some reason, I am always amused by your "labels"

ie: excursions, Las Vegas, Roulette, sponteneity, vacation

Marissa

Stepiphany said...

Haha, I like cover all bases, including direct mentions of things, as well as subtle themes, such as 'sponteneity'. Thanks for noticing :)