Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Saturday Night Gallery Outings

I went to two art galleries on Saturday night with Marissa & Karina. I had my camera on me so Marissa suggested I photoblog the outing. Looking at my pictures now, I realize what a novice I am since the majority of my photo snapping commenced in a gallery gift shop. But hey, there was some interesting stuff in there. Below are some highlights, but feel free to check out the rest of my photos here.

First was a Steve Gullick exhibit opening at Found Gallery in Silverlake. The subject of his pieces are primarily musicians, both onstage and off. I didn't get a single closeup of anything, but just to give you an idea of the space and his work...



Next we headed to the Black Maria Gallery in Atwater Village. There we viewed a 3D art exhibit, but not before playing in the gift shop:

(there was just too much eye candy on the walls to pass up)



The exhibit had a few different mediums of 3D, which I didn't know existed. There was also this amazing contraption:


And I just really loved these two numbers from the gift shop. So visceral & whimsical (respectively):


That's all. I hope to frequent more galleries with Marissa, since she's on that shit like white on rice. And Karina, you just make sure you're there too. Or else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you could make it out.

Also glad you took some shots with your camera and blogged them.

And I'm sure I'll be glad to invite you to more events in the future.

=D