Wednesday, October 3, 2007

...and I will be satisfied not to read in-between the lines.

I was taking one of those silly personality quizzes a minute ago and was asked the question, "If your friends had to describe you with one word it would be: Loyal, Witty, Outdoorsy, Daring, Fun". I asked five different friends for their opinion on the matter. I think it's both very amusing and interesting that just about every single person said something different:

Emily: Witty
Josh: Fun (although I had to harass him to give a single answer because he thought it was a trick question and stuck by his initial response of, "I think you're ALL those things.")
Karen: Loyal
Rob: Daring
Katie: "either Fun, Witty, or Loyal"

Outdoorsy was the only that didn't get chosen, even though I do consider myself an Outdoorsy person (I suppose I'm not as characteristically 'outdoorsy' as I am those other things).

Anyway, I think it's interesting that each of my friends perceives me in a different light. Do I present myself differently to each of them? Do they perceive me a certain way based on their own individual personalities? I'm guessing it's a combination, that based on my different friends' personalities, I let different aspects of my own personality shine through.

I guess it wasn't really a "silly quiz" after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those quizzes are lame.
If you're a person worth anything you should be able to claim at least half the given answers for each question.
I would go with "F - all of the above".
That was my answer and I don't even sleep with you!
(Well, to be fair, I think that although you can be both daring and outdoorsy, I wouldn't necessarily characterize you as such, and I haven't really known you long enough to truly judge your loyalty - so I would have to pick Witty or Fun...and since fun is so non-descript I'd choose Witty.)

Guess who?

Stepiphany said...

What's funny is that I'm pretty sure Emily chose Witty because she thought it's what I would have wanted to hear :)

Stepiphany said...

HA! ... and you chose Witty by default, a lesser of the evils.

(damn it!)