Monday, November 19, 2007

Just a little something

So I have a big event for work tonight: High School Musical 2 DVD red carpet/screening/press junket/release party. These HSM movies (as we call it in the biz) are wildly popular with the media, which is a little surprising to me considering that it it began as a made for TV movie. It obviously helps that the original film's soundtrack was the bestselling album of 2006 - a stat which shocks me, but then seems pretty logical once I think about it; there isn't much to compete with in the category of children's music. I figure, if you estimate that 15% of the entire population are between the ages of 6-16 and they are all listening to the same thing, then that single musical phenomenon is already making a huge mark by affecting 15% of the population. Now, the other 85% of the population may not even include active music listeners, and for each age group and demographic there are multiple categories of music interest, plus multiple bands in each category. Oh, and the immense media interest has also probably been aided by the fact that one of HSM's hot little underage stars has had nude pictures circulating. I'll let you know how she looks in person and whether or not she lives up to all the hype.

But in reality, I think the only people who care that I'll be among all these young stars are my little cousins, who are obsessed with all things Disney. Unfortunately, and as pathetic as this sounds, I won't even be able to brag to them, my only interested audience, about my shoulder rubbing because if I do I will never hear the end of it: 'why didn't you take us!! You HAVE to take us next time!!' And no matter how many times I explain it they won't understand what 'work' actually means.

So check out Access Hollywood, Extra, or E! Entertainment tomorrow night and you might catch a glimpse of me in the background on the red carpet. It's sort of inevitable when working the carpet for these events - since there isn't much space to work with you always end up in the back of the crews' shots. It's kind of fun. Tell me if I look professional.

That's all. I didn't really have much to say, I just hadn't written in awhile. I've been lagging on posting my most recent round of nieces/nephew photos from last weekend. But there ARE new ones, and they ARE just as adorable as ever (naturally).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

shhould we tivo?

Stepiphany said...

Nah, I ended up being positioned behind some less exciting outlets. Not even sure who exactly.