Monday, November 5, 2007

Our plight as writers

I've officially decided to pledge my allegiance to the writers strike. Sure, I realize I'm not actually an employed writer and thus not legitimately striking from anything, but I just want them to know where my loyalty lies. And yeah, it's not like I'm going to stop writing blog entries or anything because let's face it folks, this is the only creative outlet I have left... for the moment. So I'm really just joining the writers strike in spirit, I suppose.

But now that I think about it, I'm not going to get to watch new episodes of my favorite shows. They're sort of betraying me, as a fan and supporter of their work. Come to think of it, maybe this is my opportunity to strike! No no, not 'strike' like I was talking about before; 'strike' as in lunge, attack. Yes! Here's my window to get noticed, amidst lack of true professional talent... THAT'S IT! Fuck the writers strike! The fair weather is shifting my way!!

BUUUAAHAHAHAA!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post is awesome. Time to take advantage of the situation. Stand out among a group of jaded strikers!

Ps. We should have new shows through mid january. and lost will have over 5 episodes when they come back on later. All this according to entertainment weekly.