Wednesday, April 18, 2007

GRINDHOUSE

I should have blogged about this earlier since I saw it over a week ago and loved it. If you haven't seen Grindhouse yet, you MUST, tonight! It was just so good. First of all, the seventies style was just a fabulous cherry on top. I won't ruin any little true-to-form moments of seventies movie theatre goodness, so go see for yourself. Also, the fake previews in the beginning and in between the movies: awesome. PLUS, we saw it at the Mann Grauman's Chinese Theatre, which is so cool inside and I haven't been there since I was about 5 years old seeing Disney movies, so that added to the whole experience.

As for the movies themselves: "Planet Terror" was absolutely fantastic. I'm not going to lie, I love the premise of zombie movies - the whole end of the world, nowhere to turn thing, there's something so intriguing and chilling about it. Yeah, I can be dark. "Planet Terror" kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time and Josh definitely felt me nearly jump on top of him more than a couple times. And of course, as with all good scary movies, I get myself all psyched up to go see it and then regret it afterwards because I'm a big wuss and I have nightmares and feel like someone/thing is about to start chasing me every time I go out to my car at night. Well I didn't regret this one, but I definitely had a nightmare about it that very night; in it, I woke up asking Josh if he's sure the movie was fake only to find out that it was real and we were living it! Ahhh!

Now, surprisingly, "Death Proof" had it's ups and downs. Of course, I figured the Tarantino flick would be a sure thing. But it actually started out pretty slowly. The first half of it you're sitting there thinking, 'when are we going to get some action', but Kurt Russell's character makes up for some of that. His character really gets good towards the end, when the story takes a turn and gets really climactic. But even before that, around halfway through, the movie really picks up with suspense (when the action starts). Again, I was completely on the edge of my seat, during that second half; it's a sweet redemption for the first half.

SO GO SEE IT!!!

No comments: