Thursday, April 26, 2007

Rat Race

My mouth is sooo sore.
Ah the rat race.
Last night was extremely stressful. My boss asked if I had any time to enjoy myself, and I think I found a polite way of saying "not really". Yeah, it was fun walking around trying to convince the celebrities to come partake in the Dance Heads fun, walking my clients down the red carpet and being denied interview with all but 4 media outlets (but I DID get Access Hollywood, so that's a pat on the back - bet you can see me in the background if you watch tonight).
Part of me wants to name drop, but who cares? It's just the rat race.
Yet, I felt like if I had balls, they would have been huge last night. It made me feel a little high and mighty approaching these celebrities and actually having them listen and be receptive. I got some good 'celebs' to partake, got some celeb arms around my shoulders like we're old buddies, I made them laugh, I made them feel good and have fun, I got to get feisty with some. Isn't it strange, that sense of pride, or accomplishment, or validation, or essentially confidence I get from that sort of situation; being able to treat celebrities like they're an average Joe; being able to walk right up, make them laugh and then convince them to do something, without them realizing that I've convinced them of anything...? I don't like that I get confidence from a situation like that, because why should they be able to have that effect on me? I don't even know them; why does a stranger have that sort of power over me? And yet, at the same time it's as though I have some sort of power over them, which I'm thinking is why it also feels good, at the same time as feeling bad.
Anyway, rambling, blah blah blah.
The one name I WILL drop, because I talked to him for a long time and he was pretty damn chill, funny, interesting, and genuine, is Andy Milonakis. I approached him - well, intercepted actually, he was walking towards me looking for a lighter - to do Dance Heads and we got to talking. We talked about a movie series that, of course, I can't remember the name of now, but it sounds very interesting and my intern has seen it, so I'll just ask her. Blah, rambling again, we talked for about 15 minutes and then I brought it back to the Dance Heads topic and he said he'd make a video with me if I "found him fire". So I did and we went over to do it. Then he ran into a celeb friend and ditched me like a passed out prom date. But whatever, I'm a fan of the chick he did it with and talked to her a bit, so that's cool. They have history, I didn't.

Anyway..... that was the night. Well, other stuff too, but Eeyore doesn't feel like going into it right now. Today is Josh and my year 'anniversary'. I put it in quotes because, from what date do you actually start counting? We made a special day a month ago on the day we met, and today is the day we actually declared, "you are my girlfriend"/"you are my boyfriend." And we said it just like that. No we didn't, I'm kidding. Ha. Boy what a mood I'm in today. Exhausted. Yet not too much to type apparently. I think I'm procrastinating because I don't have any motivation to work.

Bye.

No comments: