Friday, April 20, 2007

Say it ain't so, Alec!

So I'm really sad about this whole Alec Baldwin-threatening-phone-call-to-his-daughter situation. Okay, that sounds so dramatic. Why would I be "really sad" about it? I'm just a little disenchanted because Alec Baldwin is one of my all time favorite actors!! Before this incident, he could do no wrong in my eyes. Well, I guess he could... and he did.

If anyone is not familiar (if you listen to morning radio at all you wouldn't have missed it), Alec left a really hateful and threatening message on his 11 year-old daughter's cell phone (although he calls her 12 at first - he doesn't even know her age!). He called her a thoughtless pig and threatened to "straighten her ass out". He said, "you better be ready on Friday the 20th because I'm flying out there for ONE DAY to straighten your ass out and then I'm turning around and flying back home." It's a long message, probably a minute or so of straight bashing, all because the daughter didn't call him back. So sad. I mean disenchanting.

What's worse is that mother Kim Basinger made the recording public, as if Alec's messages to his daughter are any of our business (but hey, now that it's out there, of course I'm gonna blog about it!). But really, that's their business and they need to figure out a way to solve it on their own. He also said something like, "you would NEVER do this to your mother!" So there is obviously some parent rivalry going on there. Kim saw her opportunity to really get the upper hand, not only in her daughter's eyes, but in the public's eyes too, and she took it. Bitch. Just kidding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both Alec and Kim have turned their real life situation into a movie; in which both of them play characters just like themselves.
At least that is how I feel after reading your blog post.

dragonfruitpink said...

So, I was kicked over to your blog because I'm a strange Ryan Gosling fan. And I thought I'd tell you that that post (about your sighting) was pretty awesome. And I always enjoy it when people are up to date with celebrity gossip.

Have you read Alec's apology yet?

Stepiphany said...

Karen, yeah I agree with you, they're both a little looney. But Alec was still a favorite as an actor.

DragonFruitPink, thank you, I wish I had more exciting experience to speak of than run-ins w/celebrities, but I mean c'mon, The Notebook turned me into a little school girl again! And yeah, I read Alec's apology. Eh, he seemed sorry, but more about his reputation than anything.