Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Kickin it back to the old school, cuz I'm an old fool, who's so cool

So I'm going to a movie premiere tonight for one of our clients. Actually, I'm only going to the premiere party, not the actual premiere, and I'll be working some of that time (but playing for some of it also). I'm allowed to bring a guest, so Josh will be playing (at the open bar) for ALL of it. But the best part: the movie is "Kickin' It Old Skool". Yeah, you heard right, Jamie Kennedy's new movie. This should be ridiculous. On top of all that, the premiere night is 80s themed, so I have to dress in eighties style, yet still look professional for it. Funny thing is, I'm wearing exactly what I wore to last week's Dance Right, and I should glide by the other costumes just fine. It better be a good time because I'm on salary and I don't get paid overtime for these 15 hour work days (again, hopefully I'll be playing most of that extra time). And why in the world I have to arrive an hour and a half before the party starts is beyond me. There are 3 of us staffing the event and there isn't even any real objective for us being there, besides: try to find media to come partake in our client's product. Furthermore, when I asked what media outlets are being allowed inside the party, the response was basically 'I don't know... if any". But if the booze is free, call me a satisfied employee!

Our client is interesting; hard as hell to pitch to media, but funny if you’re actually partaking in the product. It’s called Dance Heads. It basically a karaoke for dancing, but that doesn’t even really explain it. This is how it works: two people sit in front of a green screen with green smocks draped over them so that the only thing that isn’t green on the mini-set is their heads. Across from them is a TV monitor, like during karaoke. On the monitor are the bodies of professional dancers. You pick a song and the video starts. Your heads are superimposed onto the professional dancers' bodies, but they’re not proportional, they’re big like bobble heads. As the music plays and you watch the video of your head on a dancer’s body, you move your head along to the screen and then they burn it onto a DVD for you to take home with you. See, it sounds lame because you’re just sitting there, moving your head, but if you or a friends are partaking in it, it’s pretty humorous to watch. People can rent Dance Heads for big parties, events, fairs, whatever.

I have to get another tooth filled before this ‘event’. Luckily it’s not nearly as bad as my last one, during which they might as well have removed the entire tooth. All the meanwhile these wisdoms just keeping pushing through. Can’t I just keep them?

No comments: