Thursday, December 27, 2007

Bah Humbug

I'm completely sick and on deadline. I can't concentrate for the life of me right now, but I have 3 hours to figure out how. Actually, my deadline is in 3 hours, so I better figure out how to concentrate in about 10 minutes.

I saw I Am Legend on Christmas Eve. What was I thinking? What am I ever thinking when I watch zombie-type movies? I couldn't sleep all night. It was horrible; I was terrified, alone in my apartment. And now I'm sick. I'm convinced that my lack of sleep that night caused my immune system to turn on me. I woke up yesterday with a mildly sore throat, took Zicam all day and felt fine.

Then it hit me like a freight train when I was sitting in a movie theatre watching Sweeney Todd last night. I had to get up and leave. It took an hour to go from feeling fine to a completely achy neck, the chills, tingly legs and a horribly scratchy throat. By the time I left the movie theatre I had a full blown flu. Luckily I wasn't missing much of the movie. Sweeney Todd was surprisingly boring, and I usually love Tim Burton; he's one of my favorites. The movie was over two hours long and after an hour and a half I felt like I still hadn't seen anything that I didn't already watch in the preview.

The worst part about being sick right now is that I have a Reverend Horton Heat concert to go to tonight. I've been looking forward to this for months but as luck would have it, I'm under the weather (what does that expression even mean?).

And now, back to my deadline. Wish me luck.

No comments: