Thursday, December 13, 2007

Well I'll be...

I really must say, for a world population that is growing at exponential rates, it seems to get smaller and smaller day by day...

Just a moment ago, completely on a whim, I decided to Google my grandmother's name. My mother's mother is named Betty Jane Wilcox (which, by the way, I've always thought was a rad name. "Betty Jane" - so classic). The first few results I get are for commercial genealogy sites, so I read on. Then I see a real hit entitled "Wilcox Family Heirloom". "Hmm, interesting," I think to myself. I click the link. This is the page I am directed to.

If you notice, this Craigslist posting is filed under the city of Detroit. My grandmother did in fact grow up in Detroit before moving to the Los Angeles area when she was about ten years old. So now my curiosity is quite piqued. I just sent a response email to this mystery person. It was pretty comical when my computer froze as I was trying to reply to the posting; I had a bit of a panic attack because I was in such a flurry to get to the bottom of this.

So now I play the waiting game. Interesting little mystery, no? I'll let you all know how it pans out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope to hear what the conclusion to this mystery is in a future posting.