Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A little bit about me... much like every other post.

I was tagged by Kels, this is the first time I have been tagged so here goes...

Here are the The Rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 things as well as these rules. They then need to tag others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, to let them know that they have been tagged and to read the blog.

1. I eat until the point of pain at nearly every meal. I'm not exaggerating; I specifically said 'nearly' as opposed to 'every' even though it feels like this happens at every single meal. I don't know what's wrong with me. Ask any one of my friends. At the end of every meal there comes an agonizing groan and statement along the lines of, "why did I do thaaaat... why did I eat sooo muuuch...". I guess I just love food a little too much. And I have very little will power and self-control when it comes to delicious tastes. If my individual physiology were inclined towards obesity, I'd be screwed.

2. Sometimes I just go out and buy new socks and underwear because I don't feel like doing laundry. At this point I I have enough pairs of underwear to last me about a month and a half without having to do laundry. 40+ pairs of undies seems like a lot, no?
(and it goes without saying that I have enough regular clothing to also maintain this lack of laundry-doing habit)

3. I've never had my ears pierced. The only thing I have ever had pierced is my nose, going on 7 years now.

4. I love to sing. I've been told by some people that I have a great voice and yet others wince and ask me to stop singing when they hear me. I've always been perplexed at how two opposite reactions could emerge, as if the interpretation of a pleasant melody is completely subjective. Yes, some voices are better than others, but how can one person perceive a singing voice as pretty while another scoffs as if their ears are in pain. As a result, I am very self-conscious about my singing voice and thus have not cultivated the skill as much as I wish I had over the years... despite the fact that I love to sing.

5. I have an odd obsession with zombie/vampire horror flicks even though they terrify me. I mean really, it's a little masochistic of me. I'll have horribly vivid zombie nightmares and then the very next day I'll suggest going to see 28 Weeks Later.

6. I've never broken a bone or even had stitches. Hmm, well I guess that's one way to jinx myself.

7. I pride myself on being athletic - a guy's girl - even though I know deep down that I'm really not. I just throw and catch well.

Hmmm... I'm not quite sure who to tag, since I don't have many blog buddies. Marissa writes in her MySpace blog, so I'll tag her; Marissa, you've been tagged! Aaaand... I'd tag Jon but 1. he only posts videos on his blog and doesn't talk about himself and 2. I don't think he'd post it in his MySpace blog. I'll also tag Vrej - I think he'd do it in his MySpace blog, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't read this so I'll have to alert him. Lastly, maybe Josh will do it. Josh, don't feel obligated. But you know, if you're bored...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool meme........ go get your ears pierced this weekend :-) kidding.....
i used to buy new shirts for work when i didn't feel like going to the cleaners...... pretty funny :-)

kels said...

this is totally unrelated....did you ever decide if you were going to take off travelling?

Stepiphany said...

Oh Kels, if only I had the funds t support such ventures. Hopefully someday I will, but that day is not today... or in the next three months :)