Friday, December 21, 2007

"My Name Is Lisa"

I didn't realize how ironic the video I am about to post is, until I signed into blogger this very moment and saw the entry I posted just yesterday. Ha, this situation makes the video all the more poignant... and I'm not quite sure what to think about that.

This video was featured on YouTube today. It's sad and touching (hey, I never claimed that my blog is funny). Most of all it's scary; scary to imagine yourself or your loved ones having no control over what the mind is doing. This video really struck a chord with me and it raises awareness about an incurable disease, so I thought I'd share. You never know what other people have going on in their lives - something to remember when faced with the the reaction options of patience & understanding vs. judgement.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That short was really done well. I could not imagine dealing with that. In reated news after spening the weekend with my grandparents, i dont think my grandfather is developing alzeimers. I dont know what my grandma is thinking but i didnt notice a thing.

Stepiphany said...

Well that's good news. My grandmother always used to use her "senile dementia" as an excuse for getting out of things; she had a sense of humor about it. If anything, your gramps is probably just losing his short term memory, as happens to all old folk. That's just how the story goes.